The Kemerovo Region is a subject of the RussianFederation. It is located in Western Siberia, in its southeastern part. The region was formed on January 26, 1943. Occupies an area of more than 95 thousand km2. According to official data, in 2016 the number of local residents exceeded 2.7 million people.
Most of them (about 85%) inhabitnamely the city of the Kemerovo region. The remaining 400 thousand live in villages, villages, villages. This area is considered the most populous in Siberia. In Russia, it ranks 16th in terms of population and 34th in terms of area. Most of the population is Russian (90%), the rest are nationalities - Teleuts, Tatars, Shors, and others.
The total number of cities in the region is 20. The largest is Kemerovo (the administrative center of the region). And the smallest - Salair. Its postal code is 652770. The number of inhabitants for 2016 is a little more than 7.7 thousand people. Car code: 42, 142. Tel. code: +7 (38463).
The status of the city of Salair was given in 1941. Now there is a mining and processing enterprise. The rest of the cities can be read below. Also in the article phone numbers, automobile codes and indices of the cities of the Kemerovo region will be indicated.
Cities with a population of more than 500 thousand people
There are two such cities in the region:
- Kemerovo is an administrative center. It is built on the rivers Bolshaya Kamishnaya (Iskitimka) and Tom. Occupies a territory of more than 280 km2. The status of the city was given in 1918. Currently, more than half a million people live here. Most of the residents are Russians (95%). All automobile codes of the cities of the Kemerovo region are the same - 42, 142. Indices of Kemerovo: 650900-650907; 650000-650099. Tel. code: +7 (3842). Unofficially, the city is the capital of the Kuzbass. There are well developed chemical, food and manufacturing industries, coke production, trade.
- Novokuznetsk is the second largest city inregion. According to the 2016 census, there are almost 552,000 people living here. The status of the city was obtained in 1622. At present it occupies an area of more than 420 km2. It is an important industrial center. The main economic sectors: metallurgy, production of metal products, mining. Indices of the city: 654000-654103. Tel. code: +7 (3843).
If we compare the cities of the Kemerovo Region, then only one population is almost 200 000 people (in 2016 - 198 438). The area occupied by the territory is 227.5 km2. Phone code: +7 (3846). Indices of Prokopyevsk: 653000-653099. In the Kemerovo region takes pride of place of the oldest city. The modern name was received in 1931, before it was called Monastyrskoe.
Today it is an administrative centerof the same municipal district. The country is known as a large coal mining center. It is administratively divided into three districts. The most densely populated is Rudnichny (almost 110 thousand hours). In the Central there live 57 thousand, in Zenkovsky - more than 31 thousand. There are branches of the Moscow, Kuzbass, Kemerovo and Novosibirsk universities in the city, there are also about 10 technical schools and colleges.
Cities of the Kemerovo region with a population of 90 thousand people
There are three settlements:
- Mezhdurechensk. The status of the city was given in 1955. Previously called Olzheras. Postal codes: 652870, 652873-652875, 652877, 652878, 652880-652888. The city is located on an area of 335 km2. Currently, almost 99 thousand people live here. human. The city of Mezhdurechensk of the Kemerovo Region is inhabited by Russians, Ukrainians, Tatars and other nationalities. Phone code: +7 (38475). The main spheres of the economy are ferrous metallurgy and coal mining.
- Leninsk-Kuznetsky. It is the fifth largest in the region in terms of population. In 2016, the number of residents was almost 98 thousand people. In 1925, the city was given the status of a city. Now the Leninsk-Kuznetsky area is 128 km away2. Tel. code: +7 (38456). The city index: 652500. The main economic spheres: coal, construction, mechanical engineering, chemical, food.
- Kiselevsk. The status of the city was given in 1936. According to the census, in 2016 the number of residents was more than 92 thousand people. Tel. code: +7 (38464). The national composition: Russian, Byelorussians, Ukrainians, Armenians and others. Area of Kiselevsk - 160 km2. Postal codes: 652700-652799.
Cities with a population of 70 to 80 thousand people
Here you can distinguish such cities:
- Yurt. The number of residents in 2016 increased to almost 82 thousand people. The city covers an area of 45 km2. More people are Russians (93%), the rest are Germans, Tatars, Ukrainians and other nationalities.
- The city of Belovo (Kemerovo region). In 1921 in the village a railway line was built. In 1938, Mr .. receives the status of the city. The number of residents in 2016 decreased to 73.4 thousand people. 652600-652699 - postcodes. The city is well-developed mining of minerals, open and underground coal mining. Also of great importance were the following industries: transport, trade, metallurgy and others. The town of Belovo (Kemerovo region) covers an area of more than 200 km2.
- Anzhero-Sudzhensk. The population in 2016 decreased to 72,800, although at the end of the 20th century it exceeded 90,000. In 1931 the settlement of Anjerka was transformed into a city. Tel. code: +7 (38453). 652470 - the index. The area occupied by Anzhero-Sudzhensk is almost 120 km2.
Cities with a population of 40 thousand people
We will name four settlements:
- Berezovsky is a city in the taiga zone. The territory is dominated by forest tracts. The area is small, is only 74 km2. The number of inhabitants is 47,140. More than 80% of the economy is occupied by the coal industry.
- Osinniki - a small town on the river. The condom. Until 1938 - the village of Osinovka. For more than 10 years, the population has declined, in 2016 it is only about 43 thousand people. Like other cities in the Kemerovo region, it is the center of coal mining.
- Myski. The title of the city was received in 1956. Currently permanently registered residents are almost 42 thousand people. It was located on the territory of 108 km2.
- Mariinsk is an agricultural center. Built on the bank of the river. Kiya. Area only 54 km2. Residents - a little less than 40 thousand.
Cities with a population of 20 to 30 thousand people
In conclusion, describing the cities of the Kemerovo region,briefly tell about Topki, Polysaevo, Taiga, Guryevsk, Tashtagol and Kaltan. The population in each city is less than 30 thousand people. Like the rest of the settlements in this region, they are important hubs and coal-mining centers.
We fly to Spichenkovo Airport: what
Lake Aprilka (Kemerovo): where is located,
Sanatoriums of the Kemerovo Region. Description,
Airports of Kemerovo. What do we know about them?
Lakes of the Kemerovo region: we spend a vacation in
List of cities in the Kemerovo Region
Philharmonia (Kemerovo): brief information,
The work of Astrid Lindgren -